Washington Fisher opened the second drugstore in DeLand prior
to 1886. He later added a paint store to the rear of the building.
This building housed five different drug stores before it
became a general merchandise type business. This building
was one of the few structures to survive the fire. In late
years the wood frame building was torn down and the present
structure was built.